The goal of two pages a day (or 500 words) is to crank out a draft of a novel in 6 months or so. My aim: a crappy first draft. A crappy first draft means the two pages do not have to be pretty. They don’t have to fit perfectly. They don’t need to be well worded. The dialogue can be awkward. The punctuation and spelling can be off. The order of events can be wrong. You get the idea: it doesn’t have to be good … yet. Why? Revision is nine-tenths of good writing. So, one really needs to begin with something that requires revision. That’s why I write two pages a day. I’m creating a draft that can be revised later. Just so you know.
- Tuesday. Up slow, but at'em. Two pages. #twopages2022 4 months ago
- Monday. Sky of blue. Words are true. Two pages. #twopages2022 4 months ago
- Sunday. Stampede breakfast. Two pages. #twopages2022 4 months ago
- Friday. Cleaning the house and building sentences. Two pages. #twopages2022 4 months ago
- Edelweiss School visit. April 28, 2023 at 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm