The goal of two pages a day (or 500 words) is to crank out a draft of a novel in 6 months or so. My aim: a crappy first draft. A crappy first draft means the two pages do not have to be pretty. They don’t have to fit perfectly. They don’t need to be well worded. The dialogue can be awkward. The punctuation and spelling can be off. The order of events can be wrong. You get the idea: it doesn’t have to be good … yet. Why? Revision is nine-tenths of good writing. So, one really needs to begin with something that requires revision. That’s why I write two pages a day. I’m creating a draft that can be revised later. Just so you know.
- Well. It's almost the end of June. Wrote 2 pages/day, six days a week, since January. This year's 2-page program en… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago
- It's been a few days. But two pays, every day. Toupees. Two pages #twopages 4 months ago
- Tuesday. Two pages. #twopages 4 months ago
- Monday. Two pages. #twopages 5 months ago
- Story Avenue February 20, 2020
- Story Avenue February 21, 2020
- Edelweiss April 30, 2020 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm