The current project is finished, and out. May 1, 2015!
The story is based on a CBC news story from a few years back. Bill found the idea intriguing and used it to power the story. The story weaves some World War Two history into the mix as well.
Bill is working on a second young adult novel. At this point, he won’t talk about it, because if he does, he’ll stop writing. Once the first draft is done, he’ll be able to discuss more of what it’s about.
He is planning a trip, this June (2013) to the town in which the novel is set, to make sure his research and writing work. He’ll post pictures, but he won’t say where he’s going.
Current word count on the new project:
- 65,006 words (April 24, 2013)
- 65, 836 words (April 26, 2013)
- 66,444 words (April 29, 2013) I had to rewrite a bunch of crappy paragraphs.
- 67,013 words (May 2, 2013)
- 67,703 words (May 3, 2013)
- 68,836 words (May 6, 2013)
- 70, 212 words (May 7, 2013) Hit my goal, but still have a few scenes to write.
- 71, 812 words (May 13, 2013) I had to kill a bunch of text, too.
- 79,482 words (June 11, 2013) First draft complete.
- June 13 to 19 visiting Goose Bay to see how out to lunch I was with my story elements.
Goal: 70,000 words (and then give the manuscript a huge haircut).